Harbor Health Services, Inc. is proud to announce that all of its health centers that provide primary care have received PCMH PRIME Certification. Neponset Health Center, Geiger Gibson Community Health Center, Harbor Community Health Center Hyannis, and Harbor Community Plymouth have all met the criteria for integrating behavioral health services into a primary care setting. The PCMH Prime Certification Program was developed by the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission (HPC) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
The program requires that practices meet majority of the following criteria and order to receive the certification:
- Behavioral Health Integration: Integration of behavioral health through formal agreements, co-location or provider integration.
- Comprehensive Health Assessment: Comprehensive health assessments that include screenings for behavioral health conditions, such as depression, post-partum depression, anxiety, developmental delays and substance use disorder.
- Identifying High-Risk Patients: IA system for identifying high-risk patients for targeted care management.
- Referral Tracking and Follow-Up: Tracking and following up on referrals to specialists, including behavioral healthcare providers.
- Evidence-Based Decision Support:Using evidence-based guidelines to make decisions about support for mental health and substance use disorders.
- Addiction Treatment:Medication-assisted treatment for addiction.
Behavioral Health Consultants at Harbor Health Services, Inc. work with patients and their care teams to discuss and create care plans for a variety of physical and emotional health problems including but not limited to:
- Chronic Illness/ Pain
- Grief and Loss
- Substance Abuse
- Tobbacco Use
- Weight Loss
For more information about Harbor Health’s Integrated Behavioral Health Services, please contact your local health center.